Sunday, May 29, 2011

My oldest brother

My oldest brother, his name was Ghazi. He was an artist, he drew wonderful paintings. One time he was asked to draw a picture of Saddam. He did what he was told. Later on that night he decided that this is not the true face of Saddam. My brother went back and changed the painting into an evil (devil like) picture of Saddam. When the security forces saw what he did they asked him to change it back or draw something new, my brother refused and he said this is how he saw Saddam and this is his true face. The secret police took my brother and executed him and brought his body back to our home tell us that we are not allowed to have any formal funeral and to bury him quietly. This was my first encounter with evil power. Back then I was 14 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment